getwords.com - AW
- beauty! - Excellent! Great!
- billy - A metal vessel for making tea.
- bludger - A shirker or a freeloader.
- boomerang - A flat, curved throwing weapon, some types of which return to the thrower.
- budgerigar - A small, brightly colored parakeet.
- bushranger - An outlaw or a robber.
- capsicum - An everyday word for "bell pepper".
- chook - A chicken.
- cocky - An informal term for "small farmer".
- Farmers were called cockies in the early days of European settlement because, like the birds of the same name, they made their homes on the edges of permanent waterholes.
- corrobore - A ceremonial and religious gathering with music and dance.
- dingo - An Australian wild dog.
- kangaroo - A marsupial animal with long hind legs for leaping.
- koala - A bearlike, tree-living marsupial animal.
- marsupial - A mammal; such as, a kangaroo, wombat, opossum, or koala, having no placenta and bearing immature young that are developed in a pouch on the mother's abdomen.
- marsupium - A pouch on the abdomen of most marsupials that encloses the mammary glands and in which the animal's newly born offspring complete their development.
- wallaby - A marsupial animal related to the kangaroo but smaller.
- wombat - A bearlike, burrowing marsupial animal.