Etymologie, Etimología, Étymologie, Etimologia, Etymology, (griech.) etymología, (lat.) etymologia, (esper.) etimologio
@_ Welt, Mundo, Monde, Mondo, World, (lat.) orbis (terrae), (esper.) mondo
Zahlen, Número, Nombre, Numero, Number, (esper.) nombroj, nombroteorio
, lat. "septuaginta"
Zahl 00105 in Alltag und Sprache
When one wishes to specify a large but random number of things, and the context is inappropriate for N, certain numbers are preferred by hacker tradition (that is, easily recognized as placeholders). These include the following:
For further enlightenment, study the "Principia Discordia", "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", "The Joy of Sex", and the Christian Bible (Revelation 13:18). See also Discordianism or consult your pineal gland. See also for values of.
- 17 - Long described at MIT as "the least random number"; see 23.
- 23 - "Sacred number of Eris", "Goddess of Discord" (along with 17 and 5).
- 42 - The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything ("what is 6 times 9", correct in base 13). (Note that this answer is completely fortuitous. :-))
- 69 - From the sexual act. This one was favored in MIT's ITS culture.
- 105 - 69 hex = 105 decimal, and 69 decimal = 105 octal.
- 'Coronation Street' - the Soap Opera
- 'The Lost World' - The 1925 Film
- A Beginner's Guide to Mean, Median and Mode
- A Brief Timeline of Chinese History
- A Potholed History of Motorways in Great Britain
- Apollo 11, The First Landing
- ASCII Art
- Buran - The Russian Space Shuttle
- Cheshire, England, UK
- Constellations: Pictor 'the Painter's Easel'
- Constellations: Pisces 'the Fish'
- Constellations: Piscis Austrinus 'the Southern Fish'
- Davy Crockett, Tennessee Legend
- de Havilland Mosquito - World War II Aircraft
- Dormancy in Animals
- Email Addresses in ASCII Code
- English 17th Century Nonsense Poetry
- Equivalence Relations - The mathematics of distinction
- Giovanni Vigliotto
- Great Circle Routes
- Great Formula One Drivers
- How Boomerangs Work
- Jeremiah Horrocks - Father of British Astronomy
- John Rabe and the Nanjing Massacre
- Life Expectancy Profiles
- Main Events in Finland's History
- MI5 - the British Security Service
- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi: Part Four
- Mozart's Death - Murder, Accident or Disease?
- Nick Hornby - the Author
- Project Plowshare - 'Peaceful Nuclear Explosions'
- Queen Victoria: 1862 - 1886
- Scotch Whisky
- St Louis Cardinals - Baseball Team
- Sunderland AFC
- The 1689 Siege Of Derry
- The African Dwarf Crocodile
- The Big Duck, Flanders, Long Island, New York, USA
- The Canals of Ohio, USA
- The City of Wells, the Cathedral and Bishop's Palace, Somerset, UK
- The Dunblane Massacre
- The Gladiators Of Rome
- The History of Optical Science
- The History of Radar
- The History of Virginia, USA
- The Karmann Ghia
- The Periodic Table of the Elements
- The Pyramid of Hawara, Egypt
- The Specifics of Noble Gases
- The St Louis Radio Guide
- Units of Measurement
- William Henry Harrison, 9th President of the United States
- Withington, Manchester, UK
- Yorkshire's Castles: York Castle