Etymologie, Etimología, Étymologie, Etimologia, Etymology
@_ Welt, Mundo, Monde, Mondo, World
Zahlen, Número, Nombre, Numero, Number
Zahl 00069 in Alltag und Sprache
When one wishes to specify a large but random number of things, and the context is inappropriate for N, certain numbers are preferred by hacker tradition (that is, easily recognized as placeholders). These include the following:
For further enlightenment, study the "Principia Discordia", "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", "The Joy of Sex", and the Christian Bible (Revelation 13:18). See also Discordianism or consult your pineal gland. See also for values of.
- 17 - Long described at MIT as "the least random number"; see 23.
- 23 - "Sacred number of Eris", "Goddess of Discord" (along with 17 and 5).
- 42 - The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything ("what is 6 times 9", correct in base 13). (Note that this answer is completely fortuitous. :-))
- 69 - From the sexual act. This one was favored in MIT's ITS culture.
- 105 - 69 hex = 105 decimal, and 69 decimal = 105 octal.
- Bad News - the Spoof Heavy Metal Band
- Battle of Monmouth, New Jersey, USA
- Bollywood Cinema 1960-69
- British Airliner Development
- Constellations: Sagittarius 'the Archer'
- Coral Court Motel, St Louis, Missouri
- Eusebio - A Footballing Legend
- Forgotten Male Astronomers
- Formula One Racing in the 1960s
- Galaxy Zoo - Amateurs Analysing Galaxies
- Guitar-related Injuries
- Newcastle Emlyn, Carmarthenshire, UK
- Opus Numbers
- St Louis Cardinals - Baseball Team
- Staten Island Ferry - New York City, USA
- Swamp Soccer
- The Roman Conquest of Britain
- Triumph Bonnevilles
- VO2 Max - a Measure of Athletic Fitness
- Women's College Basketball